Wednesday 19 March 2014

Kerastase VS Redken - Coloured hair




Shampoo is a subject very close to my heart. I am very particular about what I put on my hair,who cuts and colours it so naturally what I wash it with is of the upmost importance especially now that I have the Balayage look to maintain... too harsh and the toners gone and colour looks tooooo stark - tooo gentle and its not getting clean and I walk around looking like a greasy monkey...

I have been a fan of Kerastase for years and have been using it for about 7 years now - I try and interchange with cheaper brands in between purchases as its quite expensive and because I am of the school of thought that you should occasionally change and using a clearing shampoo just to make sure there is no build up.

I decided to try Redken for a change  - well mostly because Im a sucker and the packaging says 'Color extend Magnetics' and I thought 'OOOhhhhh Colour will last longer - less trips to the salon - Im gonna save me some cash!!' Yes I work in marketing and I should be fully aware that what they say may not be true but i did not care and bought myself the whole package - two bottles + conditioner and you know what it was a big fat mistake!!!

Its just not suitable for my hair - lots of people love it - my hairdresser likes it too so I am sure its a great product but for me it has the greasy monkey affect :( My hair just looks lank and greasy - Im talking greasy by the end of the day, not day 2!!

I still have another bottle sat spare....


No comments:

Post a Comment